Widgetized Section

Charlize To Return To Benoni After Achieving Hollywood Dream

Charlize To Return To Benoni After Achieving Hollywood Dream

LOS ANGELES – South Africa’s golden girl is coming home! That was the news that greeted Benoni residents this morning as Oscar-winning actress Charlize Theron announced her intention to return to the East Rand next month. “I left Benoni to follow my dream of becoming a star,” said Theron at a media conference at the Chateau Marmont on Sunset Boulevard. “I managed to become a star, so now I’m going home again.”

Speaking in her natural East Rand accent, the actress said she was looking forward to picking up where she left off in 1991. “Ja I’ve been in touch with some of my old friends that still live there and they all say that absolutely nothing has changed in Benoni since I left,” said Theron, adding, “I’m flippen’ excited.” Theron, who starred in a string of hit films from 1997 – 2012 and won an Oscar for her portrayal of serial killer Aileen Wuornos in the critically acclaimed movie “Monster”, also confirmed that she would seek to rekindle her relationship with high-school sweetheart Jaco van Greeunen, now a car dealer with Ritzie’s Cash-for-Cars. “Me and Jaco have talked and even though I hurt him when I left, he understands that it was something that I just needed to get out of my system.” Theron was coy on her future plans but admitted that the acting bug had bitten and that she might teach drama part-time at Benoni High. A beauty salon might also be in the pipeline as the actress said she had picked up “lots of tips” from her days on set. At the time of writing, Brakpan Removals confirmed that they had begun the process of packing Theron’s extensive collection of furniture and valuables at her mansion in Malibu.

Facebook Twitter Plusone Digg Reddit Stumbleupon Email

6 Responses to Charlize To Return To Benoni After Achieving Hollywood Dream

1. christa van de Merwe Reply

October 15, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Have at look at this golden business oppertunity. I think this is exactly what you would like.

Regards

Christa

2. estelle van heerden Reply

October 15, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Ja right en ons almal gaan more blou kappies dra na die hemel geval het. Brakpan Removals, ha ha. Sy kan natuurlik nie Stuttafords bekostig nie.

3. Liz Kirsten Reply

October 17, 2013 at 2:18 pm

This is without a shadow of the valley of doubt the most flippen’ exciting thing that has ever happened to Benoni. Get out the Campari!

4. Geoff Taylor Reply

October 18, 2013 at 1:23 am

I been to Benoni and I have also been to Malibu –Benoni is not Malibu

5. owen_mshengu_sharif Reply

October 18, 2013 at 7:56 pm

If Charlize has made up her mind to return to her roots then “bully” for her. She may have lived in the Ritz & Glitz of Hollywood but she has never left her country behind. Her projects in helping and empowering young girls is nothing short of commendable.

That’s more than can be said for many other SAffer’s who embarked on the “Chicken Run” and were financially successful or made it big overseas.
    Charlize Theron, Nana Meriwether and Roger Federer are the only ones that immediately come to mind who remained connected and give back in many different ways. There may be a unknown handful who have given back to our country – like a dear friend of mine who has spent years in the field giving back to Moçambique through her very successful SIM Project.

I lived in LA-LA land for a while – where the “fakey, flakey wannabe – no substance, no depth” attitude really sucked!

6. owen_mshengu_sharif Reply

October 18, 2013 at 8:04 pm

In many interviews Charlize has expressed the desire to afford to have her children be able to run free and enjoy and respect nature as it deserved to be. I’m sure that Charlize will continue to being a role model in helping others to find their niche in life – beyond the dead-end hopelessness that many women are fraught with.